Check out our feeding schedules for both the Ionic and Europonic plant nutrient lines. For use with hydroponics, soil, and soilless gardens.
- Where can I buy your products?
- Hydroponics and Garden Center retailers that would like to buy our products please contact one of the Distributors listed here. For all other inquiries please see the Store Locator here for a store location near you that carries our products.
- How do I get samples of your products?
- We supply hydroponics stores and garden centers with assorted samples of our products. Please inquire with your hydro store of choice regarding obtaining samples of our products. We also hand out samples at retailer events like Customer Appreciation events.
- Do you have a feed schedule?
- Yes, please see either our Ionic Feed Schedule or Europonic Feed Schedule.
- My Clonex Gel has liquefied.
- Clonex Gel can liquefy due to misuse or exposure to extreme temperatures. To ensure your Clonex Gel has a long shelf-life do not dip directly into the bottle or pour leftover product back into the bottle. Also, avoid exposing Clonex Gel to extreme temperatures. You can maximize the shelf-life of Clonex Gel by storing it in the refrigerator when not in use.
There are a lot of disclaimers on Clonex Gel. Is it safe to use?
- The short answer is yes! Clonex Gel is registered with the EPA and is safe for use on all food crops, including medicinal crops. The disclaimers on Clonex Gel are common sense such as do not eat, wash hands after use, etc.
How long is Clonex Gel effective once it’s been opened?
- Clonex Gel is guaranteed for two years if best practices are followed. Best practices include not dipping directly in the Clonex bottle and storing your Clonex in the refrigerator when it’s not in use. The rooting hormone in Clonex is still active if the product is liquefied, but if the gel has turned a grayish color then the hormone is no longer viable.
How do I use Clonex gel in an Ez cloner or Turbo cloner?
- Start your cloning process with the pump deactivated. Dip all your cuttings in Clonex gel as normal. Put the cuttings in the cloner and mist with Clonex mist or water to keep them hydrated. Wait 20 minutes to allow gel the adhere to the tip of the cutting and then turn on the cloner. Spray every other day with Clonex Mist or water. When roots appear, water with Clonex Clone Solution at the normal rate. Replace reservoir water often. Try to keep water temperature around 70*F.
- How do I take a cutting?
- Choose a healthy plant with strong growing tips. Up to a week before cuttings are taken spray the growing tips with Clonex Mist. To reduce the risk of contamination pour some Clonex Rooting Gel into a separate clean container. Use a sharp, clean blade, such as a scalpel, to make a diagonal cut in the stem - just below a leaf node. Dip the cutting directly into the rooting compound. Use sharp scissors to trim off some of the larger leaves, leaving two or three on the cutting. Insert cutting into Root Riot cubes - or media of your preference. Ensure media is moist before inserting cutting. When using rockwool, pre-soak the cubes in Rockwool Conditioning Solution. This will stabilize the cube’s pH and adjusts the rockwool for maximum nutrient uptake. Spray the leaves of the cuttings with Clonex Mist and place into a propagator. Continue to spray the cuttings with Clonex Mist every 2-3 days. Ensure the media remains moist throughout the propagation period. Begin checking for roots after a few days. Continue to spray Clonex Mist on the cuttings until the plant is established. Begin using Clonex Clone Solution once roots are established. This will feed your cutting and help to reduce plant stress. You can also visit our guide to successful cloning.
Is Clonex Clone Solution used during the cloning process?
- No, Clonex Clone Solution is a fertilizer made specifically for newly rooted seedlings and clones. It should be used once roots form.
- How do I use Clonex Mist?
- Clonex Mist is a root stimulator that is meant to be sprayed on the leaves of your mother/donor plant and cuttings. We advise spraying the growing tips of the mother/donor plant with Clonex Mist up to a week before taking cuttings. Spray the cuttings with Clonex Mist before placing them into the propagator. Continue to spray the cuttings with Clonex Mist every 2-3 days until the roots are established.
There is white mold on my Root Riot cubes.
- It may look a little concerning, but white mold occurs naturally in peat and does not affect its efficacy. Its occurrence may be caused by temperature fluctuations that simulate seasonal changes. Do not use Root Riots if you notice any other mold growth other than white.
My Root Riot plugs have dried out. Can I re-wet them?
- Yes, its recommended to saturate then squeeze them to ensure proper moisture.
- How do I know if I need to use a standard or Hard Water formulation?
- Visit our hard water facts page here to help you determine if you are in a hard water area.
- Why should I use Ionic Nutrients over your competitor?
Ionic is a single-part nutrient. This means you only need to use one bottle of a Grow, Bloom, or Boost rather than mixing multiple part solutions. Ionic has been on the market since 1997 and is internationally distributed, so you can feel confident that over 16 years of use by Growers has ensured the effectiveness of our product.
- There are white flakes/crystals/something like gravel in my bottle of Ionic.
- Finding white flakes/crystals/something like gravel is a natural occurrence that can happen over time and is accounted for in the formulation of this product. This occurrence may result when the bottle is exposed to extreme temperatures.
Is there a difference between Ionic and Ionic for Soil?
- These products are similar in terms of mineral concentration, but Ionic for Soil also contains humic acid. Humic acid is added to help condition soil and to provide carbohydrates to microbes. Humic acid can stain or clog hydroponic systems.
This Ionic looks different than the last one I got.
- Ionic gets its color from iron. This source material color can change from one batch to the next, resulting in product color variations. Ionic for Hardwater on the other hand, is extremely acidic by design and can result in the color bleaching over time.
Is Ionic a complete fertilizer?
- Ionic contains all the essential elements needed for healthy plant growth including calcium, magnesium and micronutrients.
How do I buy your products outside of the U.S.?
- HDI distributes throughout North America. Customers looking for locations in Canada or Mexico can check our Store Locator here for a retailer in their area that carries our products. For areas outside of North America please check our sister company site, Growth Technology for retail locations carrying our products.
How long are HDI products good for?
- We guarantee all our products for 2 years from the date of manufacture. Any compromised products older than 2 years should be returned to the retailer.
- How do I know when you’ll be in the area?
- Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. We keep our followers updated on what events we’re attending, what new products we have out, and any other information we think you would be interested in.