Plant Starter Cubes
These grow plugs are ideal for rooting plant cuttings and starting seeds. Root Riot Plant Starter Cubes provide the perfect environment for root initiation and development. Made from composted natural materials, these plant starter plugs have a great spongy texture which retains the perfect air/water ratio for healthy, rapid root growth.
Suitable for both propagating cuttings and starting seeds, Root Riot Plant Starter Cubes have been shown to consistently outperform alternative media. These plant starter plugs are specially inoculated with micro nutrients and biologically active ingredients to nourish young plants and aid in root development.
In short, you can't go wrong by starting your seeds or sticking your cuttings in Root Riot Plant Starter Cubes!
How To Use Root Riots
Root Riot grow plugs are supplied already moist. If they have become dry to touch, simply re-wet by placing them in a bowl of lukewarm water. The plant starter plugs should be spongy and moist - not saturated. Ideally they should be at room temperature. Unused cubes should be kept in the plastic bag to prevent drying.
- Select cutting material - most species are best propagated from softwood tips. Prepare the material by cutting diagonally below a node or stem swelling. Remove all but a couple of leaves.
- Dip the cut end into Clonex Rooting Gel and then place gently into the pre-formed hole in the top of the cube. Do not force the cutting in, insert it just far enough to support it.
- Mist cuttings (Clonex Mist is recommended), and cover the tray with a clear lid or plastic bag to increase humidity. Maintain this humidity with regular misting.
- Simply place seed into the hole of the cube.
- Put the tray in a warm place until germination.
Keep an eye on the moisture in the cubes, especially in warm conditions which will speed drying out. Ideally moisture should just come to the surface when squeezed. If not, gently water the cubes and then drain well.
When root are visible, the new plant is ready to be transplanted. Cubes can also now be transferred to any growing system.
Size and Case Quantities
TRAY / 50
BAG / 50
BAG / 100
ROOT RIOT BULK BOX / 1400